Lightweight and vibration-resistant connector: IGUANA Series
31 May 2021
Timely delivery has always been a hot topic and has become even more crucial during the pandemic. Thus, drawing more attention to autonomous delivery technologies.
Whether delivery drones or autonomous delivery vehicles, a cost-efficient solution with lightweight design for longer traveling distance and ruggedized for various weather conditions and unexpected shocks is indispensable to next generation delivery robots.
With several years of MIL standard connectors designing experience, NEXTRON now releases a new circular connector series: IGUANA.
Based on MIL-spec technologies, IGUANA is developed for commercial use. The series provides highly reliable connection in high vibration environments. The unique push lock bayonet coupling mechanism ensures all types of delivery robots perfect connections. Additionally, the series is carefully designed for convenient installment and maintenance.
Unlike other MIL-spec connectors, the IGUANA series is a lightweight connector with compact design and durable plating, which makes IGUANA a perfect option for outdoor environments.
• Ruggedized compact structure with light weight material
• Push-lock bayonet coupling mechanism
• Anti-loose design for high vibration and shock requirement
• Dark durable plating to withstand harsh environments
• Endurance: 500 mating cycles
• Vibration: According to EIA-364-28
• Shock resistance: According to EIA-364-27
• Contact resistance: ≤ 15mΩ
• Shell resistance: ≤ 80mΩ
• Insulation resistance: ≥ 5MΩ
• Dielectric withstanding voltage: 1.0kV – 1.5kV RMS
• Rated current: 3A-7.5A per pin
• Operation temperature: -55°C to +170°C
• Waterproof rating: IP67 (mated)
• Apply to AWG for #20, #22 & #24
|02 size/ 5 pin (2D)||02 size/ 5 pin male crimp contacts (3D)|
Specifications / Approvals
• RoHS 2011/65/EU and 2014/13/EU Amendment